Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Cursed box!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I spent a good time last week working on a gun and bullet recipe set. Do you ever work really hard on a project, only for it to not participate and make your time seem cursed? Everything that could have gone wrong did. First I messed up, by getting black paint on the pink paint. Christopher had to sand it down multiple times so that I could touch up the pink. Black paint doesn't come off so easily. After the prime painting was done, it came time to paint the gun onto the lid. That's when things really started to suck. Pink on black is obviously going to take multiple coats to show up. So I sat there on my bar stool for what seemed like ever, painting and painting and painting. I stood back, and it looked horrible. After it had dried, I thought maybe one of our new paint pens would do the trick. When I pressed the tip down onto the box, a small puddle of pink paint formed over the entire gun image. My eyes teared up, I set the box down, and simply said "You've got to be kidding me". Before that had the chance to dry and cover my gun image entirely, I dabbed it up with a recycled paper towel, and started re-painting with the black paint this time. This cycle kept repeating itself in various ways, until I eventually gave up, handed it to Christopher and said "seal it". I cut and printed the recipe cards yesterday afternoon while Eleanore was napping, and then photographed it and put it up in our Etsy shop. I hope someone falls in love with it and takes it off of my hands. Soon. Cursed box.

7 comments:

jessicajane April 22, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

it looks good to me! my husband would totally dig the bright blue one....he's all about guns...and blue. haha.

littlebird April 22, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

he he i think we have all had days like that : )
i like that you have associated guns and recipe cards, clearly you've tasted my cooking!

Diana April 23, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Cursed, schmursed: I think it's friggin' awesome. Utilizing a gun and bullet motif for a recipe card box is a stroke of genius. You make the coolest stuff, girlie!!!

CSD Faux Finishing April 24, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

The funny thing is once it does sell you will remember all the good times you spent together and shed just one glistening tear for it moving on to a new home.

Memoirs of a Mental Mind April 27, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

I love your "cursed" box, wish i had enough mula to take it off your hands! ;) Wanna do a trade?

Post a Comment