Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Cow.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed, or if I'm more embarrassed of the fact that I'm not embarrassed at all. But... ...the entire peach cobbler is gone. It lived a good life, the entire day of it right? And I'd like to say that my husband and daughter helped me polish it off, but... um.... did I mention I'm 5 months pregnant? It makes me feel better when I think about it this way though. Its just like eating 2 cans of peaches, and 2 pieces of cake. Really. And since I diiiid spread out the deliciousness throughout an entire 24 hours, then... that's not so bad!!! OK OK, I'm a total cow, haha. I could have eaten 5 more bowls full if given the chance. To balance it out though, I made a huge, veggie filled curry/peanut stir fry for dinner. My husband was pretty excited to eat something other than Mexican for a change. I'm finally to the point where I feel comfortable in the kitchen again. I have to be starving at the time of meal prep though, or its not going to work out. Speaking of my husband, this is his blog too, isn't it? Well, technically, but when he asked if he could post, I politely responded with "Honey... I... I don't think so", haha. Maybe with supervision. Otherwise you'd all be reading about hydraulic fluid and "if you were a cheese, what kind of cheese would you be" conversations that took place over the radio at his work. But anyways, lets talk about Christopher for a minute. You don't mind, right babe? OK great! Christopher has a tendency to take anyone else's stomach ache, and turn it into his own. Its not his fault, and I know he doesn't do it on purpose. I've learned to turn it into a big joke, which I know he hates, but seriously, just because your friend at work said that his wife might have gotten him sick, doesn't mean that you're going to come home and get sick from me the minute you walk into the door, haha. When I eat something that upsets my tummy, usually its soy that somehow slips into my meal (dang food allergies), suddenly he has a stomach ache too. None of the other symptoms, no headache or exhaustion, just the ow belly. Sympathy pains... kinda cute. Until he gets distracted by Best Week Ever on Vh1 at least, and then its "oh, I'm fine" when I ask how hes doing. On Eleanore's birthday, he said he got a stomach ache from the frosting on the cupcakes, and how they had way too much sugar. The one cupcake that he ate, had less sugar than the usual Dr. Pepper than he slams 3 times a day. Get what I'm saying? So last night, he thought he was getting my flu, until I made this delicious meal that filled the house with the smell of curry and lime. Then suddenly, he was all better :) I wonder how hes doing today. Its entirely possible that he could actually catch my flu though (which I think is completely gone finally!!), so I should be a good wifey and send him a text to see how hes doing...

I really can't poke fun though, because who's the cow that ate the entire peach cobbler? ...yeah that'd be me, haha. Dangit.

From top to bottom:
-"Happy Stomach", by GrimCute, $7.50.

18 comments:

Ms. Jessie August 27, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

Stephen does that to sometimes. I will be feeling alittle icky and then suddenly he does to but only after I mention it to him. You arent a cow for eating a whole peach cobbler yourself. I am happy that you were able to eat something without feeling worse than your flu is making you feel. later chica. must work on christmas things. must get done...

BeckyKay August 27, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Peach cobbler = fruit = healthy. No guilt required

Thomas-Printers August 27, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

Thanks so much for featuring me on your fun blog!

kaboogie August 27, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

Funny, when I get the flu, I still homeschool the kids, make shoes and oh, lay down for an hour or so. Hubby will lay comatose for an entire day and need his liquids delivered. Is it possible that men actually DO get sicker than us? Pfft! Not!
That curry dish sounds YUM! Glad to meet ya!

kim* August 27, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

well ya that happens here too. id eat it all so easily with ehipped cream and tea. or coffee :)

Handmade Product and Creative Expression August 27, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

ha! that is funny, i bet the baby really thought it was yummy!

Liz August 27, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

Things like peach cobbler would mysteriously disappear around my house when I was pregnant too... And I swear it was NOT me who ate the entire can of cherry pie filling...

Beki - TheRustedChain August 27, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

Haha!! You're too cute!!

I would be ashamed to admit some of the things I consumed while I was pregnant. And let's not even talk about the quantities! Wow.

melissa August 27, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

cute finds! I made the cobbler and its all gone here as well. There is 4 of us though.

jessicajane August 27, 2008 at 2:28 PM  

it's ok, im not pregnant and if there were a pan of brownies, theyd be gone in seconds.

I was seriously going to ask you why your hubby never posts! I mean, you are ChristopherandTIa, I think you should let him post at least once. Haha.

Oh, and dont be suprised if the baby likes peaches when he/she comes out! She'll come out yellin, "where da peaches?" (and not your peaches haha)

Anonymous,  August 27, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Wow, I absolutely adore the cow card!

..and 4 months to go, wow, I wonder what it's like being pregnant...I've seen my mum, and it didn't seem too great... but it just seems like it would be so fun!

Tia Colleen August 27, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

brandon... see.. theres 4 of you. I consumed as much cobbler, as the 4 of you, haha.

jessica, ok ok ok. I'll let him post. I'll bring up an empty blog page on saturday morning, and slide the keyboard his way. But I can't be held responsible for anything that he types, haha.

Unknown August 27, 2008 at 3:29 PM  

I'm lucky in the respect that my husband believes that he is always perfect healthy and will never get sick, so he never has sympathy pains of any sort. My mom on the other hand... always. So annoying.

About the cobbler - don't feel bad! I ate a Sonic bacon double cheese burger with tots every day when I was in the last trimester with my second baby. I gained 65 lbs. But I lost all of it through Weight Watchers, my daughter is perfectly healthy... and damn those cheeseburgers were good!!

Michele Maule August 28, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

Mmm...peach cobbler.
I am pretty sure that I would eat the whole thing by myself too. Don't feel bad, BeckyKay is right! Fruit is healthy :) Besides, it's better than eating a whole bucket of KFC by yourself!

Hyla August 28, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

Congrats on your pregnancy! I know it's weird............but I LOVE pregnant woman. Mainly because we have 3 kids and we are done, so I feel nostalgic when it comes to pregnancy. Congratulations again! I liked reading your blog, Ill be back for more!

Hyla

Unknown August 28, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

hey...i could down a whole peach cobbler myself, so...

it's just sooo good.

i like that apple necklace...any info on that???

Tia Colleen August 28, 2008 at 11:08 PM  

fly tie, you can find all the information that goes along with the apple necklace at the bottom of the post. Isn't it cute??

Thanks hyla! We're super excited. I really like pregnant women too. I always point them out when I see them, and even more now that I'm pregnant. I say silly things like "oh that lady's making a baby, shes totally my new pregnant mall bff", if I see a pregnant lady at the mall. I'm weird, haha.

Kim August 29, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

It is just a guy thing. They can't help it they want to be mothered.

Post a Comment