Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Tickle shots.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So remember how I had to get that gnarly shot in my "hip" a couple of days ago? And I pretended like it tickled for Elie's sake? Well ever since then, we've been telling her that soon it was going to be her turn for tickle shots. This morning I woke her up bright and early, got her dressed in pants and a sweater "just like Mommy!", and then Daddy came and picked us up and we drove through the flood waters down to the clinic on base for her 2 year old wellness appointment. She was a little reluctant to let the doctor look into her ears and mouth, so she sat in Daddy's lap and held onto blankie for reassurance. And then came the tickle shots. It probably goes without saying, that they did not tickle, and we're evil parents for tricking her into thinking that they would. The rest of my day will be spent nursing a cranky baby back to health, along with lots and lots of real tickles.

8 comments:

Anonymous,  September 9, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

I hope she gets some hot chocolate or cupcakes to make up for the "tickle shots"! That made me laugh that you told her it would tickle...I guess it's better than her screaming for 10 minutes beforehand!

Hyla September 9, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Ug, I hate shot days. We have three kids and i always try and on my husband into taking them one that needs the shots in. Sometimes he falls for it.....Sometimes he doesnt!
~Hyla
http://earthyfinds.blogspot.com

Cherry Lane Jane September 9, 2008 at 2:24 PM  

As a parent you gotta do what you gotta do. Give her lots of hugs and kisses and by tomorrow she will feel all better:)

Aww my son got 4 two weeks ago and at lunch today he was telling me about his doctors visit and he started crying all over again because it made him so sad! poor kid

Cherry Lane Jane September 9, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

You won and AWARD!

check out my blog to see and get your logo. Congrats your blog rocks!!!

Hugs,Liz:)

The Bookish Life September 9, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

aww, tickle shots? you're too sweet.

Hybrid Hopes September 10, 2008 at 3:27 AM  

I hated shots when I was a kid. I hate shots now, but when I was a kid, I was a flailer. Thrashing and kicking does not make the clinic staff happy and unhappy staff made the whole thing more traumatic.

Anonymous,  September 10, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

Ooo! What a great idea, make Daddy hold her while she gets her shots! I'm so going to do that when we have kids (:

Post a Comment