Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

The end of the suck.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009


Its been a long run we've had with the suck. 25 weeks of complaining accompanied by bonus freebies. As fantastic as its been, I think its time we wave goodbye to our friend, suck-day. Free stuff is nice and all, but its just not really all that fun for me anymore. I'm finding that my time spent on the Internet is tapering off. I used to have a morning routine of grabbing a cup of coffee and planting my butt in front of the computer screen for at least an hour, sometimes two. That sounds awful when I type it out. 2 hours in front of the computer? Yuck. Over the past couple of weeks I've gotten distracted with my kids, my housework, and personal goals and activities. I find that the sense of accomplishment I get after a day spent with my family is much greater than that of a morning spent with my computer. This isn't the end of my blog, no no no. This is just the end of too many lazy morning fueled by free stuff.

That being said. The winner to the final suck-day giveaway, taking home a super de duper cute makeup bag from Lemonade Accessories, is MariaSoleil. Make sure to check out her blog, 400 days of being a military wife. Also, please visit Lemonade Accessories. Megan's handmade makeup bags, glasses cases, and other cute things are well worth your time.

Bye bye suck. See ya never.

10 comments:

MariaSoleil April 28, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Thanks you for picking me as your winner. Hopefully, you won't have any more real sucky Mondays.

Zu-Li Designs April 28, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

Well, thank you for doing the suck-days. I will miss them, but fully understand!!

OliveStreetStudio April 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM  

I feel the same way about computer time. I was wayyyy tooooo sucked in (sometimes spending like you, upwards of 2 hours!) I agree- much more satisfying to accomplish something be it in the yard, sewing room, away from the house, or just having fun with the kiddie and hubby. Yay for you - boo for us, but totally understand.

Hybrid Hopes April 28, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

You are now as free as a bird.
Babies says hi. She's super fluffy right now.

Anonymous,  April 29, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

I thought this was going to be a dirty post based on the title.

I'm a perv.

Hybrid Hopes April 30, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

Hey, this better not mean you're posting less often...

LeaKarts May 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

Aw, I will miss the suck days! But I'm glad you are getting more family time in.

Also, yesterday I received a Kreativ Blogger award and I love reading your blog so much, I wanted to pass it along.
http://homeartwork.blogspot.com/2009/05/kreativ-blogger-award.html

Unknown May 3, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

i hear ya.

sometimes ya gotta just step away.

Born 2 Bee Wild May 5, 2009 at 4:26 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Born 2 Bee Wild May 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

I'm so proud of you! Your kids are so much more important then free stuff. They are only little once. Wait till they are 14 because they will have much cooler things to do then hang out with their mom. lol

Oh, and I still haven't sent the shirt. I did however wrap it up and type out your address. Just haven't made it to the post office yet. I SUCK!
xo,
Susan

Post a Comment