Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Hello, House!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I don't know what came over me yesterday, it was almost like I got bit by the "don't be lazy" bug? I woke up way earlier than I normally do, dinked around the house for a bit, and at the faintest sound of a baby stirring, jumped out of my seat and ran straight to get both kids dressed and off to the park. We spent two hours out in the fresh summer air, visiting with new friends from down the street and soaking up all the vitamin k the sky could throw at us. A little while after coming home, I decided, I wanted my house back.

After the baby was born, 8 months ago, I really let myself go. No, not my looks (well, okay, maybe that too), but, my house. My poor poor house. The kitchen table somehow got shoved against the wall and turned into a craft table, the couch warped itself (I certainly didn't do it) into a dresser for both clean and dirty clothes, and the floor could have easily passed for a front yard, there was so much dirt on it.

As soon as I refueled the kids with drinks and snacks, I embraced my inner clean freak, moved everything out of my living room, cleaned it spotless with every swiffer product ever made, repeated the same with the mid section of the first floor, and then finished up with the dining room. I took the foam play mat and rain forest high chair outside, hosed them off and scrubbed them with soap until I could see my reflection in the cleanliness, and then set them in a sunny spot to dry.

And then 5 hours after I started...


I have a dining room again! And a living room. And a couch. The kids have their own little play area, stocked full of toys that they can both share, rather than "Eleanore's toys" and "Charlie's toys". All choking hazards have been removed. Outlet plugs have been snapped into place. They will be best friends and play together, dangit!

Now if only the cleaning bug can come and bite me so I can get up and do the kitchen.

6 comments:

Little Monarch September 9, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

oh this took my breath away. there is nothing more satisfying then a good clean out. i love your dining room chairs x

Anonymous,  September 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM  

*phew!* i get bitten by that bug just every so often, and i love it. i hate it when i lose steam about 2/3rds of the way through and it all goes back to crap, but i try to soldier through. you've inspired me! =)

Alyssa S. September 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

For me, that "after" pic is the satisfaction...then I want to lock everyone out of that room so that it stays that way forever...which of course it never does :( Awesome job!!

iampalegreen September 9, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

oh my goodness! you could eat off those floors they're so clean!!

Anonymous,  September 10, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

I need to do the same thing with our living room. It is now comprised of piles. I can't even blame it on the baby. But I still will.

Post a Comment