Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Tagged. I'm It.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

(photograph, be beautiful, taken by Christopher during our first week of dating)

I've recently been tagged by an AlyGatr. Its 6:34 am, I've got a giant mug of french vanilla creamed coffee beside me, the kids are still asleep. Time to start my Tuesday, and write about writing...

What word do you use too much in your writing?
I don't have a very large vocabulary (I rely strictly on the points of a double word score to win a round of scrabble), so I use a lot of the same words over and over again. I try to keep them spread far enough apart so that its not noticeable.

Which words do you consider overused in stuff you read?
I've never really taken any notice to a specific word that gets on my nerves. Maybe that's because I don't read nearly enough. Every day I remind myself that I should start reading more blogs. Once I even made a post it and stuck it to the computer screen, all it said was "read a blog". I think later I pulled that same post it out of the baby's mouth and threw it away, without making another one to replace it. I forget things easily. Lately I'm finding that the "follow" feature on blogger is a big help. I just need to make the effort to follow the blogs I'm interested in now.

What's your favourite piece of writing (written by you)?
Would it be conceited of me to say everything that I've written? I don't like to hit the publish button until I'm happy with what my fingers have typed together. I can't think of just one thing.

Regrets, do you have a few? Is there anything you wish you hadn't written?
When I was younger I had a live journal. That live journal is nowhere to be found, and for good reason. I didn't know how to sensor myself. I wish I wouldn't have flat out deleted it, maybe just made it private, because I'd love to go back and spy on an 18 year old version of myself.

How has your writing made a difference?
Yes. I go crazy if I don't write. Its my outlet. Sometimes my husband must think I'm crazy, because of the amount of time I spend at the keyboard. He gets online to look up college football, and read the Air Force Times. I get online to write.

Favourite words
And. But. Immediate.

Least favourite words
Swear words. On most occasions, I feel like they make the writing turn ugly. There are more pleasant and creative ways of getting your message across.

Do you have a writing mentor, role model or inspiration?
I don't. Should I? Now that I've read this question I feel like maybe I should, but, I guess that's just now how my brain works.

Writing Ambition?
I will finish my zombie story. It might take me five years, but it will happen.

I thought this would take a lot longer than it did. I guess I could use the extra couple of minutes to go read and follow a few blogs that I've been meaning to catch up on. Oh, and, Lolly, Besty, and Christina, tag, you're it.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  September 8, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Holla! Thanks for the shout-out. I honestly had no idea what I was going to write about today so you saved me from churning some something horrible and contrived. Also, your tits look hot in that photo. Just sayin'.

Christina September 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Oh yay, I'm tagged! :P I also have a writing ambition that may take another five years! lol

Unknown September 8, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Oh, how sad to have deleted that LiveJournal!! I bet that would have been really interesting to read! I love going back and reading my posts from 2 years ago, when I first started blogging. My life has changed a lot!!

Looking forward to reading your zombie book!

Post a Comment