Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A Day to Catch up with my Penpals

Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm old fashioned when it comes to thank you notes and change of address notices. I feel emails and tweets can be so impersonal, if you really want somebody to know how you feel, take the time to write it out by hand, seal it with a stamp, and drop it off in the mailbox, right?




For Christmas, my sister in law Steph sent me this handmade-by-her stationery set. She used an old cereal box to make the carrying case, old maps and blank white paper for the writing sheets, and hand stamped the backs of some plain envelopes to tie it all together with an overall vintage feel.

The set is so cute, and has been sitting on my computer desk long enough. Because pregnancy complications (and so it begins...) have me on self diagnosed bed rest for the day, I'm going to declare this Monday in particular, "catch up on your hello's and thank you's" day.

Won't you grab a pen and do the same?

8 comments:

LeaKarts January 25, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

I was just talking with a friend of mine about how much I love handwriting. I love the feel of a pen moving along paper. I miss real mail. Thanks for the inspiration--I'm going to write someone a real letter today :)

Giggly January 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

I used to be so good at all that. I am such a slacker now that everyone I know is on the interwebs. :(

Hope you are doing ok, and getting plenty of rest today. XOXOX

Danielle January 25, 2010 at 12:31 PM  

I really should. That is a really cute stationary.

xoxo
Danielle

Alyssa S. January 25, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

I sure hope you get back on your feet soon...poor momma :(

I LOVE getting good ole snail mail. As a recipient of one of your thoughtful Thank Yous, I can tell you, it brightened my day!!

Laura Craig January 25, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

That set is super cute!!!! I am not one for e-mail Thank You's/invitations/address changes/etc. I think it is very impersonal. I do however write emails to catch up with friends and keep in touch. I would like to be able to sit down and write long letters to friends and family, but I seriously lack the time to sit and write it out let alone get to the post office!!!

Esmeralda Bohemian January 25, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

That is so awesome, sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who sends thank you notes anymore, I never recieve them but I'll keep on sending them!

Laura Craig January 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM  

Yep, they are indeed socks!!! I bought them at Claire's! They go up to the top of her thigh!! LOL!!! But she didn't care, she wanted to wear them!!! LOL!!!

And thank you so much for the compliment on my pictures :)

Devon January 26, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

I still have about 6 or 7 people I write to (mostly friends/pen pals from high school that live in other states... but my 8 yr old niece is my pen pal now too).

I am the same way about Thank You cards and notes. After getting back from our honeymoon... I sat down in the first day or two and wrote out Thank Yous for each item--and made it personal. (And my mother-in-law got so much positive feedback about the nice notes and the speed--so I think it was appreciated!) Nothing annoys me more than to get a Thank You card 9 months after the fact, that also has a generic message typed up on the computer taped to the inside of the card (yes, that actually happened to me!).

Glad to see I'm not one of the only ones who appreciates a little snail mail (and sweet stationery!)!! :)

Post a Comment