Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Bathtime for the Babies

Saturday, February 13, 2010


The kids are at the age where they can finally take baths together. I'm not the one in the house that usually gives the baths, that's Christopher's special thing that he does with them (I know, I really did score in the husband department). Sometimes I feel guilty, for resting on the couch while I can hear the splashing, cleaning, and every couple of seconds- the discipline, going on in the upstairs bathroom. Sometimes I'll get up and do the dishes while they're up there soaking in suds, to kind of even it out? He cleans the kids, I clean the dishes? Sometimes? That way I'm not just sitting (even though I know its ok to be lazy sometimes) like a pile of unfolded laundry that's been dumped on the couch, and handing over all of the duties to the man.

Of course I'm going to say this (I get payed in dirty diapers to compliment my kids), but aren't my babies so cute? Charlie was trying to "brush" sisters hair with the comb. It was all giggles and aww's, until the hairdresser got a little rough with his client, and started banging on the tangles like a hammer hitting a nail. He is only 13 months old, after all, so we shouldn't expect him to find his chosen career path the first try anyways.

Someday, in their own eye rolling "seriously, mom?", kind of way, my kids will thank me for these pictures.

8 comments:

Johanna February 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

they are deliciously adorable!

Christina February 13, 2010 at 8:40 PM  

I love the delight on Charlie's face! They are so cute. :)

Sarah February 14, 2010 at 1:02 AM  

the photo alone exemplifies the reason that i want lucia to have a sibling.

happy v-day, love!

Fallon February 14, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

Yes your babies are the cutest!

alysiajuanita February 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM  

i never give bath's, either. husbands are the best.

Post a Comment