Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A Saturday Trip To The Zoo

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A few weeks ago, after Eleanore's first Kindermusik class, we meant to go down that week and officially enroll her during office hours. The day that we had planned on doing it, it had snowed. We went the next day, and they weren't open. Meaning- we failed as parents, and weren't able to get her into the class this semester.

While Christopher and I argued in the car about who's fault it was, and what we could possibly do to make it up to her- the brilliant idea of buying a zoo pass popped into one of our heads.

So that's what we did. For just $35, we now have unlimited access to the Abilene Zoo, 4 guest passes to take friends or family when they come into town, a discount in the gift shop, and a discount at several other zoos across the US (including the Ft. Worth Zoo, which we'll be visiting in April).

While its another snowy day today, 3-6 inches of the white stuff expected, I thought today would be a nice day to post some pictures from a few sunny Saturdays ago...





11 comments:

Unknown February 23, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Great pictures!! How funny... we were just there a couple of days ago... I love that zoo!

Unknown February 23, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

How fun! I absolutely love zoos! I'm sure E thinks is just as great as the music class. <3 :)

This Little Bird February 23, 2010 at 9:23 AM  

The zoo is just as fun for the kids and family too. I love the pictures... and I gotta say Charlie has the cutest head of hair EVER. I totally wish my kids had that much hair.
Have fun at the zoo :)

Ashley Stone February 23, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

love the pics, that giraffe is too cute!

Kunklebaby February 23, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Nice pics! We have a zoo pass and go all the time. With the pass I don't feel like we have to go for hours & hours each trip. We can go all day or for a quick trip--perfect for us!

Samantha February 23, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

I love the giraffe photo, great capture :)

Teri Martin February 23, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

Great pics. Love the Giraffe tongue!

CraftGirlAlli February 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM  

Great pictures!!! I love going to the zoo!

Chana@ Mamma Town February 23, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

That looks like so much fun!! Can I please fly you here to teach me how to use my camera? You take amazing pics!!

Christina February 24, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

We keep meaning to take Kavi to a zoo in Tampa and then we forget! I bet you will have lots of fun with your zoo pass! :)

Rachel Elizabeth February 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

We are members of the San Diego zoo. Great pictures and the weather looked quite enjoyable.

Post a Comment