Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Love Never Fails

Sunday, March 21, 2010

On Friday, Christopher had flowers delivered to me for the first time. I've gotten flowers before, store bought, hand picked, those of the paper variety- but I've never had them delivered to me before.

All day I had sort of been grumbling under my breath about how he didn't do anything for our anniversary. Neither had I, really. Sure, I had pulled out some old wedding photos, I had written a heartfelt blog, I had made a berry cake (it was supposed to be scones, but... such is life), I had cleaned the house. Those are things I do every day though. I hadn't gone out of my way to mark the occasion, and here I was pouting like a puppy because he hadn't either. I wasn't mean about it, but I did make several light sarcastic comments to get my "you hurt my feelings" point across, which is one of the most awful ways to do it, isn't it?

That evening, as I relaxed on the couch, netbook in lap, the doorbell rang.

Christopher: "Will you get that?"

Me: "No, I've got my computer all set up, you're right there by the door, can't you-"

Christopher: "I think you better get it"

...crap.

I knew before I even got to the door that all of my complaining, although most of it was kept to myself, was coming back to bite me. I peeked through the peep hole, and there in my driveway was an unfamiliar car. Standing in front of me, was an unfamiliar man- holding a large amount of flowers. Beautiful flowers, that I suddenly felt guilty for recieving.

I opened the door, scribbled my name down on the paper coated clipboard, accepted my bouquet, and immediately hugged my husband, who turns out, hadn't forget about our special day at all.

Even though I have these words tattooed on my inner left forearm, I thought maybe we could all use a reminder...





20 comments:

considerthelillies March 21, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

so beautiful, Tia! That verse is my favorite! Happy Anniversary!

They call me mommy... March 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Aww! how sweet! Beautiful words we should all remember (=

OliveStreetStudio March 21, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

how lovely....and very thoughtful. Lucky girl!

CourtneyKeb March 21, 2010 at 12:03 PM  

Awwww.
I've gotten guilt inflicted flowers too from time to time too.

You've got a sweet man and pretty flowers, though!

Danielle March 21, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

Beautiful flowers.

The verse is one of my favorites, always a good reminder.

Adrienne March 21, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Those are gorgeous flowers. You've got yourself a very good man. :)

Desiree March 21, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

Ah! My heart!
So lovely.

beka March 21, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Aww, the flowers are lovely. Dontcha hate it when something sweet happens right after you've been not-too-cheerful? Grr.
;)
They don't make many men like Christopher nowadays, do they?

Johanna March 21, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

lovely! You deserve such pretty flowers!

Christina March 21, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

That is so sweet. :) I also love those verses and they are sooo hard to follow sometimes!! :) Beautiful flowers!!

Unknown March 22, 2010 at 7:44 AM  

How lovely! Happy Anniversary! That saying is so perfect.

rite March 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

Beautiful! Congrats! Its amazing how they can sometimes surprise us at the very moment that we need it.

Kunklebaby March 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet gift & husband! :D

Rachel Elizabeth March 22, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

How sweet. This happened to me a few years back. I thought Guy had forgotten/remembered but didn't care about it and it turns out he was planning on proposing! Thank God for amazing husbands.

soul_searching_mama March 22, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Awwww. :) Happy Anniversary! We had that same Bible verse read at our wedding; I love it. I've gotten guilt-inflicted gifts from my husband before too. It happens to the best of us. ;)

Post a Comment