Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

You Know What I Never Blogged About?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So as I sit here uncomfortably on the couch, with a mountain of I-can't-seem-to-kick-this-cold dirty tissues piled ceiling high next to me, I wondered to myself ..."what could I possibly blog about?".

I opened up my Flickr account, skimmed through the pictures, and then came across a set that somehow never made it into a post.

October 31st, 2009.

Really? I didn't blog about Halloween?

Well. Since I've got nothing better to do (other than pick up the 900 books that kids pulled off of the bookshelf and littered the living room floor with), and I'm trying to take my mind off of these probably-aren't-productive contractions, I think I'll share this photo set with you...




Isn't Christopher so cute? He made pumpkin pancakes for the kids.



Eleanore had requested to dress up as Tinkerbell. At the time, she had been watching the movie over and over again, so who was I to tell her no.




I made a big poofy tutu dress out of green and yellow tulle. I made her a pair of wings out of some bending wire and knee highs. A splash of glitter here, a strand of ribbon there.

But of course, putting the costume on her, watching it all come to life, was my very favorite part.

I made Charlie's costume too, can you guess what he was?




Well he was supposed to be Peter Pan. But... I think he looked more like Robin Hood. Oh same thing, right? Thank you.



I think at that point, Charlie was still recovering from his battle with swine flu/pneumonia, and wouldn't sit in the stroller. He wanted to be carried the entire way, and by nobody other than me.

So thats exactly what I did. For the entire 2 or 3 miles of our candy collecting. I spoiled him with my hip.

(Peter Pan doesn't have a feather in his hat, does he? Dangit.)



I love this picture of Christopher stopping to adjust Eleanore's wing strap.

Oh, can you tell who Christopher is?

...



Well he was my Rock Of Love, of course.



Heeeee. Look at little Charlie's face, as he goes for a handful of Sister's tutu dress. Sneaky sneaky, little man.


I know I could have saved these for a Flashback to be more fitting, but- as soon as layed eyes on the pictures, I was just all too anxious.

Oh, and I was a cat, by the way. I don't know any cats that wear bow ties, but... meow?

18 comments:

Chelsey - The Paper Mama July 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

OH! Cute! Love all the costumes. I guess this may be us this year. Hmmmm. :D

Anonymous,  July 27, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

i agree..the costumes are simply adorable..and i think you did an amazing job! i cant wait to dress my son up this year (he was a hotdog last year) your family is just so so cute!

Anonymous,  July 27, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Oooooh, I love everything Halloween. I especially love tutus :) Last year Matt was deployed and Riley was teeny so I dressed her up, did a photoshoot, and then just watched all the trick-or-treaters go by. This year is going to be SO. MUCH. BETTER.

:)
xx

Brigette July 27, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

your such a creative mama.

Mommy Elephant Sarah July 27, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Great costumes. Okay now I am REALLY eager for Halloween. Ahhhhh I can't wait!! Those pumpkin pancakes are AWESOME. I have pumpkin and ghost pancake molds. Can't wait to use them. Nom nom nom.

Brandi July 27, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

eee! now i'm all excited about halloween (which is only in three months!). and eleanore's costume has gotten my wheels turning for a costume for macy. she has a tutu that i could probably use for a fairy costume or something!

soul_searching_mama July 27, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

You know, I remember waiting for your Halloween post, but I guess after a couple of days I forgot. Glad you posted them - better late than never! :) I love the costumes; they are very cute! And Charlie does look like Peter Pan. :)

Chana@ Mamma Town July 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

I was a kitty cat too last year! I think I had the same costume, was it from Walmart? Oh man, you are making me crave Fall hardcore:)
PS-did you know you have almost 400 followers? OMG!

beka July 27, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

Oh my dear, so cute. :)
I love Charlie's outfit!
And I even reallyreally like your house....you know, where it shows all the toys scattered. LOL.

TexasBobbi July 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

In the disney movie Peter does have a feather in his hat. And you are all so cute.

Anonymous,  July 28, 2010 at 12:22 AM  

Meow! Kitty want candy! (Jim Gaffigan, anyone?)

krissilugbill July 28, 2010 at 12:57 AM  

hahaha love this post! it was fun to see a post about halloween right now :) I still need to blog about Lila's first fourth of july, but i am thinking it will be much more fun this winter :) LOVE all the costumes...peter pan is too cute!

R Montalban July 28, 2010 at 2:38 AM  

love this post, it is just so great and you both look like you had such a great time. Halloween, oh I don't think you can ever have enough of that - the colours, the dressing up, the childish fun - yey!

Alyssa S. July 28, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

How funny that you posted these pics. All Amelia has been able to talk about lately is Halloween. It's not even August yet and she's already strategic planning!

merelythemoon July 28, 2010 at 10:32 AM  

Tia!! I smiled the entire time I read this post! Great costumes!

jill July 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM  

all these pictures are too cute! i love that u and christopher dressed up too! im so excited for halloween this year since corbin will be a little older!

CraftGirlAlli July 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

I love Halloween. It's by far my favorite holiday!

Hobocamp Crafts August 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

omg I loved this! Where to begin- soon you'll be 5 and it will be so amazing. I'm so happy for you and I just can't wait to hear about your new adventures! xo

Post a Comment