Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

The View From Here

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tonight after Christopher had put Charlie and Eleanore down for bed, we traded in the comfortable couch and air conditioning, for a little bit of muggy fresh air.

Miss Evelyn, having left the hospital at less than 6 pounds, has been having troubles maintaining both her body temperature, and her blood sugar levels. All it takes is one missed feeding, or just 5 minutes outside of a swaddle- and we're in for it. This little girl is high maintenance, thats for sure.

So while I've spent most of the last 6 days, constantly feeding my has-to-stay-bundled-up newborn, who doesn't want to wake up for anything, going outside was a much needed change of scenery.

And the best part about going outside, wasn't the swarming gnats or the smell of fresh cut allergies grass, but I got to talk to and play with my alert daughter, who because of the 100 degree temperatures, didn't need to be wrapped up in her own personal fabric tortilla shell.

The view from my lap looked something like this...



A little bit confused as to where we were and what we were doing. Sucking on her pretty purple preemie binky. Wearing one of the very few items of clothing that currently fit her.



Trying her very hardest not to fall asleep. There are birds to listen to, and a warm breeze to feel-



Wrinkly little fingers, reaching for anything and everything. So much to touch and feel.



Must. Stay. Awake.



Better luck next time, baby.

Don't worry, you've got all of the time in the world, for exploring. For now, just close those pretty eyelids and dream of all of the fun things that we did today.



And while you're doing that, making the cute little snort sounds in between breaths, I'm going to tickle your toes.

We went through 10 pairs of socks today, before we found one that would say on your barbie sized toes, just so you know.



When I'm done tickling your adorable smaller than small toes, I'm going to hold your entire hand with my one finger.

God, you're adorable.



What? Is that a smile I see?

You must be dreaming about the chocolate chip cookies that Daddy and I made on our date today.



Hey, I have an idea!

Why don't we take that hat off?



Where in the world did all of that beautiful red hair come from??

Now that we've shown off your strawberry strands... its time to put that hat back on and head back inside for another feeding.

42 comments:

Unknown August 14, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

She is just too adorable for words! I absolutely love her hair. ;0)

Brandi August 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

she is beautiful, tia. congrats to you and your family! :)

Anonymous,  August 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

Yay, look at her hair! <3

Amy August 14, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

I could eat her up IN ONE BITE. For real. Just precious.

Unknown August 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

I CANNOT TAKE THE CUTENESS!!!

Unknown August 14, 2010 at 11:18 PM  

ooh shes adorable! makes me want other one. LOVE THE HAIR!!

considerthelillies August 14, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

so adorable and I love her beautiful hair!

Jess Craig August 14, 2010 at 11:37 PM  

MELT. oh my gosh, i'm really looking forward to watching her grow up through our blog. so adorable.

Johanna August 14, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

bless her! she's so teeny tiny and adorable. you must be head over heels......
thinking of you often xox

Anonymous,  August 14, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

STOP MAKING ME CRY. Her hair rocks my face off.

They call me mommy... August 15, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Ohmygoodness she is more adorable than I thought! What a perfect little angel! I LOVE her little smile and the tiny-ness of her in general. She is so beautiful Tia! Congratulations to you both!

April August 15, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Seriously???? I can stand it! I really wish I had the time for the 5 hour drive so I could hold her!!!

CourtneyKeb August 15, 2010 at 9:11 AM  

YOU HAD YOUR BABY?
She's so beautiful and perfect!

This is the first 10 minutes I've spent on the internet in a month, and I'm so tickled to see that precious little one has come!

Gotta go catch up on the birth.

and I love little strawberry blondes! :)

Lacey August 15, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

uummmm, hello!! Am I the only one that is noticing how much she looks like Eleanore?!?!

You make some beautiful babies, that's for sure.

Shawntae @ alittlekingandi August 15, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Oh this doesn't make me baby hungry at all!!

She is to die for. I love those red locks

Rachel Elizabeth August 15, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

She's adorable. Look at all that hair!

Miss Rachel August 15, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

congratulations! she is beautiful.

Ashley Sisk August 15, 2010 at 4:44 PM  

She is so beautiful. I know you're proud.

Mommy Elephant Sarah August 15, 2010 at 4:50 PM  

I really can't get over how much she looks like big sister! Her hair is gorgeous!! I have never had the chance of holding a baby that little. :( M was 9.5! Oh how I miss holding a newborn. Her hands are just way too cute overload over here!! xoxo

BeckyKay August 15, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

Oh, Tia! She's just BEAUTIFUL!! I got all teary-eyed just looking at those pictures!

CraftGirlAlli August 15, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

sooooooo precious! you are giving me baby fever!

Anonymous,  August 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

absolutely so very very precious! what a major blessing! so glad all is well..and i cant wait to watch her grow! her hair is too cute!! major congrats to all!

Loddelina August 16, 2010 at 4:42 AM  

Wow, she is adorable!
Welcome, little Evelyn, we are thrilled to finally meet you!

And though she does look like her big sister on the previous pictures, here her eyes look just like her daddy's!

Enjoy your family moments and congratulations to both parents!

Brandy L August 16, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

Oh Tia! She is absolutely precious. I forgot how beautiful little babies are and Evelyn is a beautiful baby! Congrats on the newest arrival. :D

Anonymous,  August 16, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

She's gorgeous! And I love the red hair :)

SillyLittleLady August 16, 2010 at 11:11 AM  

Congratulations Tia and Christopher! She is so precious and beautiful :)

beka August 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

For.Real.
Ohmigosh, she's the sweetest thing!!!

Mrs. Mommy August 16, 2010 at 2:33 PM  

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I just love her hair! Congrats again!

This Little Bird August 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

so sweet. I can't believe how much she looks like Eleanore... and the red hair is beautiful.... I was dreaming of kids with red hair...but no such luck. Perhaps we'll have to try one more time :)

Sara August 16, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

She's gorgeous! You and Christopher are so blessed.

undomestic mama August 16, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

She's SO adorable and has so much hair!

Kunklebaby August 16, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

She's beautiful! We are so excited for your family-Congrats again! :D

Allison the Meep August 16, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

She's so beautiful! Congratulations on this new little wonder girl. I'm so happy for you.

Unknown August 17, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Oh, oh, oh! She's BEAUTIFUL!

Your little narrative and sweet little Evelyn had tears flowing over here...

Thanks for sharing her with us. :)

-Ann Marie

iampalegreen August 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

Once again, she is so precious! I think she looks a lot like Christopher.

Sailors Pin Up August 20, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Congrats on the new addition! I'm sorry the message is a little late, I've been getting ready for my own little one to make her appearance! But you little one is absolutely darling and I hope you enjoy every second of being a mommy of 3!

Yazmin August 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Wow. I'm all sappy now... and a little soaked from tears. She is too sweet. I hope I can capture the moments when my nena gets here like you have with your sweetie pie. :)

Post a Comment